Friday, October 14, 2011

OUR YARD RE-DO


Last winter my mom and I talked about some new garden ideas for our front yard.  In March, Zack, my mom, and I worked on bringing the idea into reality!


Here's what the front yard looked like this last March




BEFORE:
         

The lawn, is just lawn, no gardens. Nice and crisp, 
but not a lot of flowers.

The front left side of the house has two trees.


The left side of the house is just bare. (We opened
the back yard gates to get a better pic of the 
of the full backyard. For another project!)


AFTER:


   After  three months of working every weekend on the yard, sore muscles from wheel barrowing mulching, and four months of watering the yard every other day....this is our finished project. Gorgeous! and I think it adds some curb appeal as well!  




Front Walkway
(Gardenias, Holly bushes, dwarf rose bushes
and annuals to fill in the space until the perennials 
grow.)



Front Side of the House
(Pink hydrangeas, irisis, daylillies from 
my mom's garden and buttercup
(wave) petunias)




Left Sid of the House
(New Magnolia tree that should go 20 ft., rose bushes,
snowball tree, potted zinnias, verbena, gerber daisy, irises.)

Wahlah!  There are lots of young plants and a few trees.  I'm not sure you can even see all the plants we put in from the pics, but it looks a lot different. Now that the weather has cooled some, I think the trees and perennials will take off! I can't wait to see how different they look by May of 2012! 

Thanks mom, for all the holes you dug and all the free plants. We couldn't have accomplished all of this without the free plants that you bought us, that are from your yard, and your active vision.  It looks beautiful!









1 comment: